PITTSBURGH, Pa – Following Speaker Mike Turzai’s retirement announcement, Marcellus Shale Coalition president David Spigelmyer issued the following statement thanking the Speaker for his service and leadership to the Commonwealth.
“Speaker Turzai recognized early shale’s truly generational opportunity, and his leadership has been unwavering in support of leveraging our abundant natural gas resources for the shared benefit of all Pennsylvanians.
“During his leadership, Pennsylvania became a global energy production leader – and we’ve done it safely with a best-in-class regulatory framework and a workforce that is dedicated to responsible operations. Through collaboration and partnership, Pennsylvania is leveraging its natural resource abundance to generate billions of dollars in new tax revenues, realize significant home energy savings, help union building trades reach full employment, and usher in a manufacturing renaissance – all while achieving meaningful environmental progress. Speaker Turzai is a strong credit to this success.
“For a man who’s dedicated his life to the service of the Commonwealth, we know the decision to retire was not an easy one, and wish Speaker Turzai well.”
Recent Press Releases
- Rep. Ocasio-Cortez, Soto Bill to Ban Hydraulic Fracturing to Devastate Working Families, Jeopardize Pa. Union Jobs
- MSC Thanks President Trump for Recognizing American Energy Strength During State of the Union Address
- Additional Energy Taxes Jeopardize Jobs, Increase Consumer Costs
- Marcellus Shale Coalition Thanks Speaker Turzai for Leadership, Service
- MSC-API-PIOGA Public Health Research Statement