Celebrating its 9th year, SHALE INSIGHT™ returns to Pittsburgh’s David L. Lawrence Convention Center next week. One of the leading conferences on American energy development, the event will feature the engaging panels, innovative technologies and top-notch networking opportunities that participants have come to value, as well as a few exciting original aspects—including keynote remarks from President Donald Trump.
“The Shale Insight Conference reflects the dynamic growth and unlimited future of the shale industry in our region,” MSC’s David Spigelmyer told Pennsylvania Business Central earlier this month. “The benefits of this development are plain to see: lower fuel costs, reductions in air pollution and expanded economic development and jobs. We believe we have an exciting and important story to tell and the Shale Insight Conference is a great way to get the word out.”
Here are a few must-see events during the two-day conference:
- Headliner President Donald J. Trump: Highlighting the importance of domestic energy development to America’s economic growth, environmental progress, and national security, President Donald J. Trump will provide keynote remarks on Wednesday, October 23rd. This will be President Trump’s second appearance at the industry-leading conference; in 2016, as a candidate, President Trump provided closing SHALE INSIGHT™ remarks.
- Insightful Remarks from Region’s Top Policymakers: The event offers an important forum to exchange ideas and heighten the dialogue around commonsense energy policies. This year’s audience will hear from West Virginia Lieutenant Governor Mitch Carmichael, Director of the Ohio Department of Natural Resources Mary Metz, Deputy Secretary of Pa. DEP Scott Perry and Speaker of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives Mike Turzai, among others.
- Thought-Provoking Panels Focused on Today’s Issues: Industry leaders, academics, and policymakers will all come together for panels that take a deep dive look at the issues affecting the oil and gas industry not only in the Marcellus Shale region, but globally. Join Toby Rice, President and CEO of EQT Corporation at a fireside chat with the MSC’s Spigelmeyer, discussing how EQT is realizing its full potential by following a philosophy that connects with stakeholders like landowners, communities, employees and shareholders. Shawn Bennett, Deputy Assistant Secretary Office of Oil and Natural Gas at the Department of Energy, will moderate a conversation between senior executives at Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania, Chief Oil & Gas LLC and Equitrans about the infrastructure obstacles the Appalachian Basin faces as it connects to critical markets.
- Innovative Technologies and Industry-Leading Research: Throughout the conference, panelists will discuss best-in-class technologies while students and researchers from regional universities and colleges will present their findings and projects on energy production, transportation and use. Some of these technologies could be adopted by companies while others, like virtual reality allows stakeholders to gain a greater understanding of the industry and where it’s heading.
- Networking Opportunities: SHALE INSIGHT™ will provide unprecedented networking opportunities with industry-leading CEOs, elected officials and thought leaders, all of whom play a critical role in crafting the public policy and technical landscape that defines shale gas development around the world.
- “Enormous” Manufacturing Growth Potential with Natural Gas, Dept. of Energy Report Finds
- Domestic Natural Gas to Drive Continued Economic Growth, Environmental Progress
- Pa. Environmental Regulators: Attorney General Report “Factually Inaccurate,” “Disservice to Commonwealth”
- MSC Member Spotlight: Titan Energy Solutions
- Natural Gas Impact Tax Generates $200 Million for Communities, Environmental Programs