Returning to Pittsburgh for its sixth year, SHALE INSIGHT 2016 opens this week with an exciting new partnership highlighting the entire region. Since the first SHALE INSIGHT in Philadelphia, the conference — which alternates between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia — has established itself as a top-tier forum where leaders, experts, and policymakers discuss challenges and opportunities unique to the basin.
“This is the first time we’ve brought the three states together,” MSC’s Dave Spigelmyer told WPXI’s Our Region’s Business this weekend. “This is certainly a regional natural gas play and it’s an exciting time because we’re now really starting to see the downstream benefits flowing from affordable and abundant natural gas and natural gas liquids. It’s a great opportunity for job growth and economic opportunity throughout our region.”
Heading into SHALE INSIGHT 2016, here are five of the most critical conference events and offerings:
- TOP-TIER LINEUP: Featuring keynote addresses from Marathon Petroleum CEO Gary Heminger, Continental Resources CEO Harold Hamm, and Republican presidential candidate Donald J. Trump (Democratic nominee Secretary Clinton was invited, but declined), SHALE INSIGHT’s keynote speakers will provide thought-provoking presentations that will drive the event’s dialogue. As the MSC’s Spigelmyer tells the Tribune-Review: “We’re very excited to hear from Donald Trump at this week’s conference, and to put our industry and its shared economic, environmental and national security-related successes on a national stage.” Click HERE for a conference schedule.
- TECHNOLOGY SHOWCASE: As in previous years, SHALE INSIGHT will once again partner with Ben Franklin Technology Partners to present the Technology Showcase – a segment that “provides companies a chance to show off their work to the natural gas community,” as the Pittsburgh Business-Times Click HERE to learn more about these entrepreneurs and their innovations.
- ENGAGING PANELS AND BREAKOUT SESSIONS: Industry leaders, elected officials, and thought-leaders will host dynamic panel discussions aimed at exploring the opportunities that shale development is creating as well as strategies to confront our region’s toughest challenges. Click HERE for a conference schedule and listing of session topics.
- DYNAMIC EXHIBIT HALL: The 2016 Natural Gas Use Marketplace will feature natural gas use projects, research and innovations focused on end use and consumption. Topics will include natural gas vehicles (technologies, conversions, refueling infrastructure), power generation and the manufacturing renaissance. Click HERE to learn more about the natural gas use products that will be on display.
- BASIN-WIDE NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES: As the Tribune-Review reports, “Western Pennsylvania and neighboring areas in Ohio and West Virginia are playing a key role in America’s changing energy industry as shale companies have created jobs despite market challenges.” With the conference’s new regional partnership, this year’s event will offer unprecedented networking opportunities. Click HERE for a conference schedule and networking opportunities.