Are you headed to the 8th annual SHALE INSIGHT™ conference in Pittsburgh next week? This year’s events will include the kind of stimulating conversation and noteworthy featured speakers that you’ve come to expect, along with a few new, exciting features.
- Policy Insight from Top Government Officials: Andrew Wheeler, acting administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, will kick off the conference by discussing his efforts to bring clarity and predictability to EPA policy actions, while Admiral Michael Rogers, former head of the National Security Agency and U.S. Cyber Command, will close the event with his take on how American shale is a gamechanger in terms of U.S. global leadership and stability. Mr. Wheeler will speak on Wednesday around 9:15 a.m. & Admiral Rodgers will take the podium on Thursday at 1:45 p.m.
- Engaging Panels Addressing Today’s Issues: Hear from leaders at major companies including XTO Energy, MPLX Energy, Ascent Resources, Dominion Energy, K&L Gates and many more on subjects such as the potential of our region’s natural resources, maximizing opportunity for natural gas-fired power plants, the challenges facing pipeline expansion, and protection from cybersecurity threats and attacks.
- Join XTO’s Karen Matusic and Andreè Griffin as they discuss the potential of the Utica Shale and how this enormous shale play has become a global opportunity. Karen and Andreè are slated to speak following Administrator Wheeler’s address on Wednesday morning.
- Michael Huwar of Columbia Gas will foster a dialogue among senior pipeline executives to discuss the buildout of pipelines, challenges, opportunities and lessons learned, highlighting the $13 billion of approved projects and sensationalized public protests. Pipelines to Prosperity II: Challenges, Opportunities and Lessons Learned is scheduled for Wednesday afternoon, following a conversation about getting gas to market.
- Former U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum will guide a conversation Thursday morning focused on the threat of cybersecurity attacks in today’s digital age. Cybersecurity: How will Operational Cyber Threats and Attacks Impact You? will begin Thursday at 9 a.m.
- Groundbreaking Findings: Debuting this year, the University Research Showcase will highlight the important studies, projects and research surrounding the natural gas industry being conducted by students from universities in the region. Students will present at various times, click here for a schedule, including the research topics.
- Emerging Technologies: Check out presentations fromsuppliers of emerging technologies that will create value, reduce costs and generate competitive advantages to address Appalachian Basin shale industry challenges. The Technology Showcase will take place on Tuesday from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m., be sure to stop by! Click here to learn more about this year’s presenters and topics.
- Endless Networking Opportunities: SHALE INSIGHT™ offers a unique opportunity to foster relationships and engage with colleagues from around the tri-state area. Networking breaks are scheduled throughout the day in the exhibit hall. And be sure to join us Tuesday evening at 6 p.m. for the Welcome Reception to renew and build new business relationships with industry professionals.