Are you headed to Pittsburgh for SHALE INSIGHT™ 2017? Here are the Top 5 can’t miss-events for the seventh annual conference.
1. Policy Insight from Top Government Officials: U.S. Secretary of Labor Alex Acosta and U.S. Deputy Energy Secretary Dan Brouillette will kick off this year’s conference Wednesday morning by discussing workforce development and the Trump administration’s plans to create an “energy dominant” America. Sec. Acosta will speak at 8:30 a.m. followed by Deputy Energy Secretary Brouillette at 9:00.
2. Keynote Addresses from Industry Leading Executives: Join leaders from XTO, Chevron, Shell, MPLX/MarkWest Energy, and others, for keynote remarks centered on the outlook for production in the Appalachian Basin, moving product to market, and seizing the manufacturing and downstream opportunities generated by natural gas development.
Wednesday morning, Stacey Olson, president of Chevron Appalachia, will join Morgan O’Brien, CEO of Peoples Natural Gas, to discuss their “Forge the Future” initiative that’s focused on downstream manufacturing, power generation and natural gas consumer use opportunities. Stacey and Morgan are slated to join Sec. Acosta for keynote addresses beginning at 8:30 a.m.
After lunch, Sara Ortwein, president of XTO Energy, will share her perspectives on emerging innovations in energy development, infrastructure and manufacturing, and provide insights into the current state of play in the Appalachian Basin. Sara’s remarks follow Ohio’s Lt. Gov. Mary Taylor at 12:40 p.m.
Greg Floerke, executive vice president and chief operating officer of MarkWest Assets, MPLX, will guide a conversation centered on data and the best practices the industry is undertaking to protect public health and the environment. Just the Facts: Public Health and the Shale Industry is scheduled to begin around 1 p.m.
3. Engaging, Timely Panel Discussions: In between the keynote sessions, don’t miss more than a dozen breakout sessions featuring conversations and informed views from key industry experts, regulators, and government officials.
4. Latest Innovations, Best Practices, End-Use Exhibits: This year’s Natural Gas Use Marketplace, sponsored by Repsol, Geisinger, and Waste Management, will feature the latest products, research and innovations involving end use and consumption. The marketplace and exhibit hall are open throughout the conference.
5. Local, Regional & National Networking: Never miss an opportunity to connect with industry colleagues and build new business relationships across the tri-state region. Networking breaks occur throughout the day, with an evening reception starting at 5 p.m. Wednesday.
For a full conference schedule, visit ShaleInsight.com/schedule. Be sure to watch MSC’s Dave Spigelmyer on WPXI’s Our Region’s Business this Sunday at 11 a.m. for an inside preview at this year’s conference.
BONUS MUST-SEE KEYNOTE: Fresh off his Emmy Awards and Jimmy Kimmel appearances, we’re excited to welcome former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer as this year’s closing keynote speaker. Sean will discuss his perspective on U.S. energy policies and share his experiences as one of Washington’s top communicators. Sean is scheduled to close SHALE INSIGHT™ with a keynote address on Thursday at 12:30 p.m.